The growing tide of Chinese outbound investment is one of the most exciting trends in the UK-China commercial relationship. Some of the biggest names in Chinese business have been drawn to the UK’s open and welcoming environment in recent years, making Britain the number one destination in Europe for Chinese investment.
CBBC’s China Outbound programme is specifically designed to enable British and Chinese companies to identify practical opportunities and to realise investment partnerships around the world in a variety of sectors.
CBBC’s China Outbound Conference – the flagship annual event in our China Outbound programme – will be opened by CBBC’s Chairman Lord Sassoon together with senior members of the Chinese government, and attended by outstanding companies with plans to invest overseas.
The conference will explore the nature of China’s growing investment in the UK and worldwide. What has driven Chinese investment in the UK? What are the keys to success?
We will explore the prospects for Chinese investment around the world and the sectors in which this will be realised. What will be the major trends of the future, and how can the UK and China cooperate to optimum effect?
The key to profitable investment partnerships will be revealed in a conversation with prominent Chinese investors who have already made a success of their ventures in the UK. What motivated them to choose Britain? How would they advise new investors?
British companies will meet Chinese investors who are serious about achieving their global ambitions in the UK or a third country. Chinese enterprises will hear how and why to invest in the UK and find out how they can collaborate with British companies around the world.
Three breakout sessions will go into greater depth in key areas:
- How and where can UK-China partnerships be realised in markets around the world?
- How can joint investment in healthcare infrastructure help both countries?
- How can Chinese companies acquire world-class technology, or companies with world-class expertise?
- Where does this process offer opportunities for UK shareholders to partner with new shareholders and to enter the Chinese marketplace?
Consumer & Retail
- What do Chinese investors want from British brands and creative partners? What do these companies have to offer China?
- What trends are emerging in the creative sectors? How can companies access opportunities in this fast-evolving area?
Who should attend?
- Chinese companies keen to learn about and invest in the UK, or to partner with leading British companies
- British companies seeking partners for cooperation at home or abroad
- Chinese and British professional and financial service providers
- British regional inward investment departments
Why sponsor China Outbound?
We are delighted to offer a variety of sponsorship opportunities with the following benefits:
- Achieve high business visibility in China for your company
- An unprecedented platform to identify new business opportunities
- Increase brand recognition among leading Chinese companies and decision-makers
- Build successful partnerships in China and across your international network
- Position your company as an authority and industry leader in China
Following the China Outbound Conference in Beijing, British delegates are also invited to join a related programme in Shanghai, where they will attend a China Outbound seminar/roundtable, meet high-quality Chinese companies and learn about relevant projects.
The full programmes in Beijing and Shanghai are detailed in the attachment below.
CBBC & BritCham members: RMB 1,000 (before 10 Sept 2014); RMB 1,800 (after 10 Sept 2014)
Partners of CBBC & BritCham: RMB 1,200 (before 10 Sept 2014); RMB 2,000 (after 10 Sept 2014)
Corporate rate: Buy 5 tickets get 1 free
Standard rate: RMB 2,000 (before 10 Sept 2014); RMB 3,000 (after 10 Sept 2014)
CBBC & BritCham members: RMB 1,680 (VAT exclusive)
Standard rate: RMB 2,520 (VAT exclusive)
Included in registration fee (open to all delegates; places limited)
Registration and further information
To register for the China Outbound Conference 2014, please contact:
Sophie Xie, Events Manager
To sponsor the conference or discuss how you can be a supporting partner, please contact:
Hayley Thomas, Senior Events & Operations Manager